Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please describe how I can repair a chipped bedside table

Posted by melle_sacto (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 29, 09 at 19:55

Hi--
Here's what's going on: I bought a nice platform bed w/attached floating bedside tables from Craigslist, and it was in good used condition. Then, during unloading at our house, one of the pieces crashed down onto one of the bedside tables and chipped it pretty good on the surface. :-(

I'd really like to repair this chip b/c I bought this bed with plans to have it a while, and one of the reasons I bought it was that it was in such nice condition. The piece that chipped out is gone. I felt devastated when it happened, but my DH just says that's what happens when I buy big stuff off Craigslist that has to be disassembled, hauled, reassembled etc (ie he doesn't think it's that big of a deal and isn't going to do anything about it).

Sorry for the cross-post (to Furniture), I'm really not sure to what forum this question applies. I'm usually on Kitchens and CA Gardening. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to fix the chip? The bed is teak if that matters. Thanks for suggestions/advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please describe how I can repair a chipped bedside table

Can you post a picture of the damage?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here