Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melle_sacto_gw

Please describe how I can repair a chipped bedside table

Hi--

Here's what's going on: I bought a nice platform bed w/attached floating bedside tables from Craigslist, and it was in good used condition. Then, during unloading at our house, one of the pieces crashed down onto one of the bedside tables and chipped it pretty good on the surface. :-(

I'd really like to repair this chip b/c I bought this bed with plans to have it a while, and one of the reasons I bought it was that it was in such nice condition. The piece that chipped out is gone. I felt devastated when it happened, but my DH just says that's what happens when I buy big stuff off Craigslist that has to be disassembled, hauled, reassembled etc (ie he doesn't think it's that big of a deal and isn't going to do anything about it).

Sorry for the cross-post (to Furniture), I'm really not sure to what forum this question applies. I'm usually on Kitchens and CA Gardening. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to fix the chip? The bed is teak if that matters. Thanks for suggestions/advice!