Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what glue for wood on stucco?

Posted by GoofyYno (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 30, 11 at 19:17

I want to glue a quarter round wood molding on top of a stucco wall. I'd prefer a smooth look, so was going to try to glue it. it is for an outdoor bench.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what glue for wood on stucco?

construction adhesive

o

If there is wood behind the stucco you might be able to get in and through with 15 gauge pins in a pin gun.

Stainless steel pins are not all that expensive.

o

It is stucco on a block wall. It's for an edge piece where I don't want anything showing.

I bought some Loctite PL400.

although Now I'm thinking of using a 4" board to mount it on so I can nail from the underside, then screw the board in. I'll use the glue for extra measure. (or maybe I'll just nail the board in. with the glue it should hold.

o

Or actually I should use wood glue for wood to wood, and the PL400o for the wood to stucco. I also just found some Sikaflex 1a construction sealant. not sure if it's better or worse.

sorry for the newbie questions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here