Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texasgal47

Will my cabinet torque with this range hood install?

texasgal47
10 years ago

Hello, this is a cross post from the appliances forum. The Kobe range hood I want to purchase inserts up into a wall cabinet with 2" below containing the baffles and lighting. The insert is 11.25"d x 12"w x 10"h. My above the range wall cabinet is 30"w x 24"h with cabinets installed on either side. The problem is measuring from the back of the inside of the cabinet to the very front of the face frame is 11.25" deep. This obviously means there would be 8.5" on either side of the cabinet bottom with absolutely nothing in the middle. The installer doesn't believe there will be a problem bracing the cabinet. It seems to me that a cross brace across the front, about 10" up from the bottom with bracing down from that to the bottom on either side of the insert would work, along with screwing to the cabinets on either side. This model hood (RA-028SQB-1) weighs 30 lbs. and is to be mounted to hangers installed on the back of the cabinet. I have no previous experience with this installer so would greatly appreciate your feedback on this forum.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert