Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

What is this called?

Posted by efine50 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 4, 07 at 17:38

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this so if I'm wrong...sorry....and where should I post this?

I'm in the process of refinishing a 30's dining room table and the legs have these tips on them. Unfortunately one is missing. I'll probably have to buy all new but I don't know what they are called. Nor do I know where to find replacements. Anyone help?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: What is this called?

Try searching for "brass toe cap."

RE: What is this called?

That's exactly what I was looking for!
Thank you soooooo much!!

RE: What is this called?

Try looking for them here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Van Dyke's Restorers

RE: What is this called?

Thank you so much for that site. They seem to have the best prices I've found on the a great selection of styles.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here