Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
removing a window stool

Posted by jvmagic (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 07 at 15:13

Hi,
I need to replace my window stool so I can put on a bigger one to fit the trim that I will be using to finish the window.
All my windows had the stool before I bought the house. I attempted to remove one from a bedroom and it seemed like the stool was all the way in past the window. I did not want to take a chance to damage the window etc....

Is my assumption correct that the window stool could be that deep? If so, how can I remove it without damaging the window. hopefully I'm wrong.

how can I post a photo of the window?

thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: removing a window stool

The easiest way to post a picture of the window would be to upload the photo to Photobucket and then copy and paste the url that begins with < a href=

Bob

o
RE: removing a window stool

here is a photo of the stool I'm attempting to remove. Bad photo but the only one I have right now. I will post another as soon as I take one.

thanks,

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here