Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up


Posted by crs1 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 27, 07 at 23:00

I am looking for a way to texture old wood paneling in order to re-paint and do away with the grooves. My contractor feels like we can paint the old paneling with no problem provided that we sand, tape , float and texture the paneling. A couple of the sheetrock guys that we brought over indicated they would try, but felt like this might not last more than a couple of years before it began to show cracks.

Any help?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: paneling

Sherwin Williams use to make a "wallpaper" that you installed over paneling and then were able to paint. Ive not looked for it in years but worth a check. They can also give you advice on how to do all this.
Good Luck!

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here