Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

I need a name

Posted by rangerdon (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 19:19

What is the generic name of the stuff for covering counters, please? Formica is one of the trade names, but I can't recall the generic. Seems to me that most of it comes in 5X8 sheets, also.
At least I know it's not 'old-timers' getting to me 'cuz I learned it many years ago, so it's not a short-term memory loss. I think....maybe?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: I need a name

HPDL - High Pressure Decorative Laminate

RE: I need a name

Thanx, Mr Nephew. I knew it was out there.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here