Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How To Install Interior Walls In Built-In Kitchen Cabinets

Posted by mbluetyphoon (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 9, 11 at 14:13

Hello!

I have been wondering how to approach this situation of mine for some time now. Realizing that there is a woodworking forum on GardenWeb, I am posting this question/situation of mine for feedback.

I have a now 100-year old house. My kitchen is super tiny, and has a few cabinets.

My question/situation is this:

I would like to add interior walls to one kitchen cabinet in my kitchen. I would like to know how to do this.

The reason why I want to do this is because the interior of this cabinet is very roughly finished.

Upon opening this cabinet, you see the framework of the cabinet, and it's exterior walls. The framework looks like it was created from scrap wood found in a forest, or junkyard. This wood used for the framework is structurally sound, and thick. It just isn't pretty!

I would like to refine the interior of this cabinet, and need suggestions as to how to do this.

I appreciate your time and attention to my message!

Sincerely,

mbluetyphoon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How To Install Interior Walls In Built-In Kitchen Cabinets

I would line the cabinet with 1/4" cabinet grade plywood to cover up the framework. Another option is to build a new cabinet box, and apply the original front

o

Dear sloyd,

Thank you for the feedback. Do you know where I can look up how to build a new cabinet box?

Sincerely,

mbluetyphoon

o

Here are a couple links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apd_Hc5wr0s&feature=related

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1558706763/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=1561584703&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=13536XEK3EDZ36F746ZE

Here is a link that might be useful: book

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here