Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
After Market Window Mullions

Posted by FathersWoodcraft (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 5, 05 at 0:01

I have single lite Anderson casement windows of various ages in our home and would like to retrofit them with mullions in order to achieve the "colonial mullion" look.
Can anyone steer me to a manufacturer who make after market mullions? I can make them myself however, it would be so time consuming it would probably not be worth it.

Thanks, Eric

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: After Market Window Mullions

Eric --

I've been looking for a source for these myself and was amazed at how little was out there. I finally found a company called Big Blue Window that makes custom wood grilles. I haven't ordered any yet, but I probably will at some point.

Good luck!

P.S. If you do order from them, please report back and let us know how it worked out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Big Blue Window - Window grilles

o

Hi,

I was researching grilles too and found Big Blue Window. Their website wasn't 'live' yet but I was able to contact them and work with Tom. Prices were great and the product was great too. No problems at all and they were VERY nice grilles. I just checked and it appears their site is up and running.

Lemon530

Here is a link that might be useful: Big Blue Window

o

Gee, I just input specs for ONE pane of a 3 pane window ( 20" x 56") and got a quote for $216.00 in pine, primed and painted white, non-surround grille. Multiply x 3 panes and that's over $600 just for the replacement grilles in one window!!! I feel confident I could replace the entire window for less than that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here