Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fatherswoodcraft_gw

After Market Window Mullions

FathersWoodcraft
18 years ago

I have single lite Anderson casement windows of various ages in our home and would like to retrofit them with mullions in order to achieve the "colonial mullion" look.

Can anyone steer me to a manufacturer who make after market mullions? I can make them myself however, it would be so time consuming it would probably not be worth it.

Thanks, Eric

Comments (3)

• dilettante_gw
    18 years ago

Eric --

I've been looking for a source for these myself and was amazed at how little was out there. I finally found a company called Big Blue Window that makes custom wood grilles. I haven't ordered any yet, but I probably will at some point.

Good luck!

P.S. If you do order from them, please report back and let us know how it worked out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Big Blue Window - Window grilles

• Lemon530
    18 years ago

Hi,

I was researching grilles too and found Big Blue Window. Their website wasn't 'live' yet but I was able to contact them and work with Tom. Prices were great and the product was great too. No problems at all and they were VERY nice grilles. I just checked and it appears their site is up and running.

Lemon530

Here is a link that might be useful: Big Blue Window

• jkpita
    13 years ago

Gee, I just input specs for ONE pane of a 3 pane window ( 20" x 56") and got a quote for $216.00 in pine, primed and painted white, non-surround grille. Multiply x 3 panes and that's over $600 just for the replacement grilles in one window!!! I feel confident I could replace the entire window for less than that.