Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardnpondr

? about fixing a table top

gardnpondr
12 years ago

We built a kitchen table about 20 or so years ago that had 4- two inch thick boards for the top of it. We cut the edges of each board so they would fit flush against each other and put the wooden biscuits to join them all together so it would look like only one big board. We have had it in our shed for a couple years and before that in a storage building for like 2 years. In storing it for all those years it seems to have warped just a little or either just separated, one or the other. Now you can see a couple of the boards where they separated just a little. We used it for a few years in the house but it was just TOO BIG for our tiny dining room. We just got finished making me a sewing room and I want to fix it for my sewing room and have NO IDEA how to go about it. So I wanted to ask someone how to fix it? I have sanded it all down to put a couple coats of varnish on it and other than those two little areas on the top it's fine. Just in need of a couple coats of varnish. It's really ok like it is but one day my daughter might want to use it if she ever gets married, for her kitchen table and I just thought I would fix it back so it would look nice. I was wondering IF I could put some wood glue in the cracks and use pipe clamps to pull it back together? Or what would you do?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH