Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
End Table

Posted by jbranch (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 25, 08 at 20:45

The latest project for my house. I like the ability to fit tables perfectly to an area. If this table were any bigger, it would stick out into the main traffic area of the room. Red oak with qtr sawn white oak veneer three colors.

End Table 1

End Table 2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: End Table

If it were me I would have gone with an invisible hinge. Such nice grain, hardware has a ability to distract the visual appeal. Just my 2 cents. Nice work on the orientation of the grain. Its refreshing to see when a woodworker pays attention to what they are doing.

Jim

o

im going to agree with jim the canuk (my names jim as well and im mexican so youve got two jims north and south of the border offering the same advice)

I would say that there are some definite advantages to putting your table on a hinge. the ability to entertain guests, if you have kids you have a nice area for arts and crafts, and you have an alternate place to eat if you have a tv or something near by

o

Thanks for the replies. I designed the doors to be 1/4 overlay doors and could not find hinges for that! These were what I settled on. Plus, I have a terrible time matching the door hinge location to the face frame. Something to work on for next time.

Skanman, not sure I know what you mean about "putting your table on a hinge."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here