Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inexpensive wood

Posted by andreaintx (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 25, 08 at 14:16

I am curious about where the best place is to get wood. I need to make a couple of wood squares and triangles for buffet presentations since I can't find them anywhere to buy and wanted to know in the DFW area if there is another place less expensive as Lowe's or Home Depot. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inexpensive wood

Lumberyard.

Saw mill.

o

I would just go to Lowe's or HD. They have some cheap wood. Are you going to paint them? And how wide are they going to be. Wide cheap boards often cup which you may not want. Consider MDF if you are going to paint them. You should be able to find 4'x4' or maybe 2'x4' MDF sheets at one of these stores.

o

Try here: http://www.woodfinder.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: woodfinder

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here