Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
crown molding with bull nose corner

Posted by jvmagic (My Page) on
Tue, May 22, 07 at 17:35

Hi,

I have installed crown molding with regular corners but now I'm attempting to do this with bull nose corners (outside). first timer for this.
how do i do this? what is the bevel and miter for outside bull nose crown molding?

thanks in advance,

~jv

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: crown molding with bull nose corner

You can get complicated with setting a compound miter on every cut, or you can cut in a jig, upside down and backward. Unfortunately, a good video has gone subscription only, but by carefully examining the photo and reading the text, you might be able to figure out the technique. The author also suggests making to sample boards, One each Left-Outside, Right-Outside, Left-inside, Right-inside. Label them and use to verify your set up before you turn on the saw.

Pretend the fence on your saw is the wall and the table on your saw is the ceiling.

Here is a link that might be useful: Upside down crown.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here