Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Matching Crown Molding installed from the 1980s HELP

Posted by kimmieb (My Page) on
Thu, May 27, 10 at 14:38

I posted this in the remodel forum also but, thought I would give it a shot here. I need to find a match to this crown molding that is in my kitchen from the PO who built this addition in the 1980s. If anyone can help me source it, HD and Lowe's do not have it. I only need about 2 feet of it. I don't want to rip out the whole rooms molding to just finish off the small pieces I need from my kitchen remodel that I just did. Help. I can't truly finish this until I figure it out. Hope these pictures help and my friends on GW have some ideas for me.

Crown 4

Crown Profile

cROWN 2

kitchen crown molding

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Matching Crown Molding installed from the 1980s HELP

Looks like a pretty standard pattern.

Take the sample to a real lumber yard.

If they do not have it they can almost always order it.

o

it looks to me like WM47, 4 5/8" crown.
If I'm wrong about the width, measure it for me and I'll find the "part number".
Casey

o

This is the most common profile for crown. It will be available, just get the right height. I suggest a millwork lumber yard rather than a box store if you want to get primed real wood for a decent price.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here