Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texasgal47

Can this factory cabinet be taken apart and reused?

texasgal47
9 years ago

Hi all. Here's the situation. I have a Kraftmaid below counter oven cabinet left from my kitchen remodel almost three years ago which didn't get returned to them on time as it should have. Even though KM had my oven specs, their specs didn't work for my oven and the installers built their own cabinet. Fast forward to now. I'm adding some matching cabinet to a nearby area in the same area and need a cabinet for a microwave. Dimensions for the oven cabinet are 34"h x 24"d x 30"w. Dimensions needed for the mw cabinet are 18"h x 18"d x 30"w. The finish is painted with a glaze. I have enough wood to take care of the face frame. Wood finish is painted with a glaze. I may have a custom open type metal grill made to go around the microwave to give it a custom built-in look or simply just leave it on the shelf. Since the exterior of the sides of the oven cabinet are painted, I would put those to the interior. Some leftover skin pieces could cover the top and bottom.
Also, is there a way I could disassemble the cabinet myself to have it ready for the carpenter? Many thanks in advance. Hopefully, this question doesn't fall into the really stupid category.