Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vlynnf

Walzcraft, You sure it is worth merit?

Vicki
14 years ago

A while back someone posted a request for online sources for unfinished cabinets. Walzcraft was one of them. I am interested in what experiences, if any, folks have had with them. I inquired, was sent a catalog, found a lovely style for unfinished cabinet doors and drawer fronts I wanted to buy to finish myself. They informed me they only sell to professional decorators or cabinet

providers. I took the material, as they directed me to do,to my local decorator for flooring, cabinetry, countertops, paint, etc. They have done nothing but given them the run around, telling them they will send paperwork that they will need and don't and refusing to give this company any references. My local decorator has now told me they do not feel comfortable dealing with this company because they have never seen a company do business in the manner that they are doing it. To the person who suggested them, have you had good luck with them or are you just an owner of a business that is trying to get off the ground but haven't yet? Any others' experiences would be appreciated. I loved the doors they offered.

Comments (14)

• MongoCT
    14 years ago

I do my own cabinetry so I've never used them, but I know many who have.

They have a reputation as a good company that provides a good product and good service to the installers.

• Vicki
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I called them and explained to them I was having trouble finding someone who was willing to order their product in and could they give me any names of someone in my area who has sold for them. They were unwilling to do that saying they have so many customers that they don't want to refer to anyone and leave someone else out. I think that is fishy. Don't they care if they get my business? It sounds fishy. My decorator said too they have never encountered a company with that mindset.

• handymac
    14 years ago

There are a lot of distributor type companies that will not refer---for that very reason. If they refer a specific company and their other dealers find out---it can reduce the business reputation. And, some companies have developed a business style that has lasted a long time---they have found changing to satisfy individuals is often a bad idea.

Seems to me if your designer is having problems, it is on the designers end---Walzcraft has one of the better reputations in that business.

• Vicki
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok. I have called everyone in the phone book and no one has heard of them nor are they willing to take a gamble on anyone who will not provide references. Maybe we are just a bunch of fuddy duddies here in the midwest. Anyway, since they are such a large and well known outfit, if anyone out there knows where I can get these cabinets ordered around the Lincoln/Omaha Nebraska area come on out with the information for me. Thank you.

• handymac
    14 years ago

I went to their website. This is the notice they display on the home page.

WalzCraft sells only to "Custom Cabinetmakers, Cabinet Refacers and Woodworking Professionals." Individual homeowners wishing to have our products used on their projects are kindly asked to contact their local custom cabinetmaker and request that WalzCraft products be used on their project.

Thank you for your interest in WalzCraft.

So, there is how you get their product.

• Vicki
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Maybe I haven't made myself clear. That is who I have been contacting. I've been to their website many times too. You have told me nothing new Handymac. Now, anyone know any in the Lincoln/Omaha area who distribute Walzcraft?

• handymac
    14 years ago

You have to find a cabinet company/refacer/professional who can contact the company and get the cabinets!

Start calling companies!

• Vicki
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Have you not been reading my posts?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I have been calling every company in the phone book. Post #6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you post one more smart remark, I won't see it. I am not coming back here. I can't believe you! GOOD BYE

• dhaak
    14 years ago

I have been using Walzcraft for over 15 years. They have proven to be a reliable, quality vendor for my company. They tend to be on the higher end of the spectrum when it comes to cabinet components. I would imagine there are custom cabinet shops that would be able to produce the cabinet fronts for you, if you are unable to find a company who uses Walzcraft. If you are still interested in finding a vendor, feel free to contact me, I will help you out the best I can.

Here is a link that might be useful: Haak Designs

• Vicki
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you dhaak. Walzcraft read my post and tried to find me a vendor in my area and ended up selling me directly. I couldn't be more pleased with the product. I'm ready for the final top coat. They really look rich. I can't wait to get them hung. Thank-you Walzcraft! If any of you vendors out there in the my area see this, next time, don't be afraid to try something new! Your designs look pretty fabulous too dhaak. I checked out your site.

• Circus Peanut
    14 years ago

sunnytop, could you post a few pictures of your new cabinets? Curious to see how the doors turned out. Thanks!

• Vicki
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have no idea how to post images. My pictures would be from a folder on my computer that I would need to download. No URL or link name to post. I thought maybe I could send it via private email to you, circuspeanut but there was no way to download it to there either. Long ago I posted a picture on one of these forums, but there was an icon to click on that allowed me to download. There isn't any of those here.

• Vicki
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I may have figured out how to post images...not sure. I think what will post is a close up but not of the entire cabinet, just enough to see what I did. I painted it and glazed with a homeade chocolate concoction and did a spatte

r treatment, then coated with polycrylic.