Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suesue1_gw

European Hinges

suesue1
10 years ago

I have gotten so much help from this site in all the projects I have done around my house and I can not thank everyone enough. I now need to ask my first question.

I am remodeling my kitchen. I built and installed upper cabinets. I made the boxes out of 3/4" plywood with 1 1/2" faceframes. I made the boxes first and then made shaker style cabinet doors to the exact width of the boxes.

What I want is full overlay cabinet doors. I want no more than 1/8" space between each cabinet door. I have several pictures of kitchens I like and they all have what appear to be full overlay doors with very little space between each cabinet door. (neighboring cabinets and double doors)

My question is what european hinge do I use. I have tried a couple of different hinges but can't find what I want. Right now I have a door with 1 3/8" overlay for faceframed hinges. That didn't work. (I don't know what I was thinking).

Is it possible to find a hinge that will allow the door to come within 1/8-1/4" to the next door and still be able to open without interferece? The UNFRAMED cabinet doors I have in my laundry room are full overlay and open without touching the neighboring cabinet door.

Can someone tell me exactly what hinge to buy. I am so lost at this point I don't even know what to Google anymore. Everything has worked out so well up to this point, but, this hinge thing just about has me in the fetal position sobbing.

Thanks for any help.