Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Disassembling joints that have been glued?

Posted by prairiemoon2 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 11, 14 at 21:27

We have a wooden frame that has been screwed together on the corners and glued. I'm wondering if that is going to be a problem to disassemble? Is there a tool or technique someone could suggest? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Disassembling joints that have been glued?

A miter saw?

o

With the info you posted this could be anything. Other than removing the screws and smacking the glue joint with a smacker, I can't see any way to answer...

o

Well, we are working on a vegetable bed outdoors and it is heavy and we didn't get it in it's final position before we finished it and it was suggested we just disassemble, move it, and reassemble but the corners are glued. We don't want to damage it. So it seems we could remove the screws and use a miter saw on the glue between the pieces? Smacking it with a hammer, I suppose we might get away with it without damaging if we were careful and maybe used something between the hammer and the wood to cushion it? The wood is Eastern Hemlock, 2" thick.

o

Thanks anyway, but we managed without having to disassemble so no need to cut through the glue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here