Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Online ordering sales tax

Posted by bus_driver (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 12 at 8:33

My State has 6.75% sales tax. Over the years, I have purchased from McFeeley's several times. Yesterday my online order had sales tax that looked to be much too much and it was calculated at 13.6%. I did not enter the order. I contacted them about the tax issue and they ignored that part of the message. On general principle, I cannot accept such business practice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Online ordering sales tax

Numerous jurisdictions are trying to enforece4 sales tax on out of state sales.

They need to feed the beast and are looking for any source of money they can tap into.

It is unlikely to be the vendors choice.

o

I was a customer of McFeeley's until 8 years ago. I bought a few boxes of stainless steel spiral-shank pneumatic framing nails. These were for some deck projects.

ALL the nails I recieved were irregular. The sticks kept jamming the nail guns, they were all bent and crooked. It was impossible to use these, and we tried different framing nailers, Senco, and a Hitachi. The nails were clearly manufactured outside of the acceptable tolerence.

I called McFeeley and they told me i would have to pay for shiping them back, wnich is not cheap for a couple hundred pounds of nails. Then they told me they could only accept the unopened boxes! What a jip! Of course we opened all the boxes, we were losing time on the job. I explained that NONE of the nails were right, and then they tried to blame it on my nail guns. GEEZ! No recourse with these mail order folks.

o

"No recourse with these mail order folks. "

Use a CC and you at least have the CC company on your side to reverse the charge fr defective merchandise.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here