Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fireplace mantel plans

Posted by nys29 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 8, 06 at 8:12

Does anyone know where one could purchase plans for a fireplace surround and mantel? DH is quite good with woodworking but he needs a plan to work off. I have looked online, but have not come up with anything. Any sources (online, books, etc.) would be so appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fireplace mantel plans

Look in the library for architectural books.

I have two books, 'Building Fireplace Mantels' by Mario Rodriguez, and 'Making Mantels' by David Getts. I bought these on line, probably from one of the book seller websites---BDalton/etc.

o

If you want to upgrade your mantel to marble mantel,
I know a company. It is Evan's Home Luxuries.
Their website is www.evanshomeluxuries.com They are located in New England Area.
Their price is really good and the products are fabulous.
Their mantels can be custom made.

o

I know a really awesome company to get Custom Made Stone Mantels they Deliver and Install them as well. If you have the time check it out. http://stonemantels.ruqqa.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Stone Mantels

o

Yes, and I know self-serving posts when I see them.

Anyway, try looking on Amazon and searching mantels. There are definitely some good books. I think I saw one with drawings at Woodcrafters which I think is a national company.

o

Might try woodworkers supply

http://woodworker.com/

search keyword: mantel

They have several books

o

See the link below for the "Building Fireplace Mantels" book.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fine Homebuilding

o
More Fine Homebuilding mantel stuff

Here is a link to this magazine's articles on mantels...

Here is a link that might be useful: FHB mag articles on mantels

o

Just looked at the date of the original post on this thread. I hope nys29 has had a couple of years of use from their new mantel by now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here