Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Front Door Pricing Pella vs. Lowes

Posted by slattsnj (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 20, 07 at 21:13

I am in the market for double entry front doors and have gone to Pella and Lowes and had them price out the identical product. I am seeing close to a $2000 price difference on the Pella side being more expensive. Does this seem right to anyone on here? Am I getting a substandard door using Lowes? Any information will be helpful

Thanks
Slatts

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Front Door Pricing Pella vs. Lowes

Could the Pella price include installation?

o

Negative the installtion prices were on a seperate line item and very comparable. This was just for the doors themselves.

o

The Pella store might be just a franchise, where they use the Pella name but aren't supported by the Pella company. I've heard stories from people who had problems with their local Pella franchise, and the Pella company wouldn't help.

We went with Lowes for our Pella fiberglass doors. We had no problems, everything was quick and easy. They delivered them to the house and my contractor installed them.

The Pella store probably has a larger selection than Lowes, but identical grade items should be the same in both places.

o

Company stores can have a huge price difference compared to big box for the same item. We bought 15 Sauder bookcases for our church library remodel from Menards at $25 apiece, Sauder has a co. store in our town and wanted $47 apiece for the exact same item and no discount for quantity. Regular price at Menards was $29.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here