Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outdoor Cabinets Solution--HELP

Posted by newbieone (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 29, 10 at 19:40

Marine outdoors cabinets are to much money. The space I have in mind to place the cabinets outdoors is covered. Will not get water or sun but will be outside in weather that ranges from 35 to 110 degrees. I thought to buy in stock black oak cabinets and treat the bottom, side and backs with painting on satin clear urethane. Will this work? Also will purchase metal adjustable legs. If the cabinets last 10 + year that is good enough. Your ideas will be greatlly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outdoor Cabinets Solution--HELP

Nobody can tell you whether this will work, or to what degree it will sorta work. We don't know how the cabinets were built, but we do know that they were not designed for such temperature fluctuations, and the manufacturer won't guarantee them to survive such conditions. What you're contemplating is a gamble no matter how you slice it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here