Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How much should I sell these for?

Posted by textilejo (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 27, 11 at 17:43

I'm making these kids on swings to sell and I have no idea what to charge.

Anyone know what the going price would be for these?

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How much should I sell these for?

It's all about what the market will pay. I'd suggest you cruise around on ebay looking for similar items (maybe search a term like folk art?). I imagine they take more time to make than you will get compensated for, so I hope you are doing it as much for the fun as for the money :-)

Actually, putting a couple on ebay with a low reserve or no reserve would be a good way to do a value test.

KarinL

o

Thanks Karinl, I tried to find some on Kijjii with no luck. Guess I did not know the right search words:-)

The first ones we make will cost nothing since I have lots of paint and things to decorate them with. It is mostly for fun so I don't expect to get rich quick from them, LOL

o

I would try selling on etsy. Also if you did a series with kids faces of different cultures it might sell well; there are so many blended families these days, I'm sure some people would like their decor to match their family a bit better.

They'd be really nice in a pediatrician's office waiting area.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here