Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
evoking1

Anyone ever used Restorzit?

evoking1
18 years ago

Has anyone ever used Restorzit (www.restorzit.com). Based on the pictures it seems to work very well for the money.

But is it a fantasy fix?

Comments (5)

• User
    18 years ago

I took a peek at the website and it sure does sound wonderful.

Too wonderful, IMHO.

Sounds like a shellac based finish, since shellac will stick to almost anything. The not so prominent cleaner---that has to be used---just confirms that for me.

In my experience with refinishing trim work and wood floors----scratched by pets and children, sanding out scratches is the only way to fix them. Any finish will just cover them and the scratches will still be visible.

And, the product would be a lot more famous if it worked. I belong to a woodworkers website with over 10,000 members---never have seen it discussed there.

• blake2502
    17 years ago

I bought it and have used it on an old oak cabinet that needed to be "refreshed." No serious issues, it just looked worn. The product did make it look better. The before and after is not as dramatic as those pictured on the website, but it did make a nice difference. I have never used any other similar products, though, so I don't know how it would compare to others.

• bmead_nemr_net
    13 years ago

I have never used it but it has me fascinated. My question is this.. has anyone used it on particle board cabinets.. mine have a pine look and the finish is wearing off... also scratches around the knobs.. our home is fairly new.. only 15 years old.. it's a log cabin with pine looking cabinets... wanted the look, not the price when I ordered them.. should have spent more money on the real thing.

• HU-625803002
    4 years ago

I’ve been a user of this incredible product for several years. It works an all kinds of wood both natural or finished. Application is very easy. But, my greatest discovery was how it works on an outdoor hardwood deck. I own a home in the high desert of Utah where the sun and heat can eat wood alive. When I tried restorzit the first time I followed the instructions and had just ok success. But the second time I used it like a rub in oil treatment. Apply, rub in, then clean cloth remove. The finish has been remarkable. I even called the manufacturer with my application technique. They weren’t impressed. But this finish has outlasted every thing else and looks incredible.

• edaiken
    3 years ago

Since they offered a satisfaction guarantee I decided to buy a bottle to help refresh my kitchen cabinets. We were getting ready to put our home on the market and the kitchen looked dated. Cleaning the cabinets and applying the product required about four hours work. The product did such a great job the cabinets looked much newer. We had a dozen house shoppers over the weekend visit our home. Not one shopper even mentioned a need to replace cabinets. I don't know how long it lasts but I was impressed.