Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Accuride Drawer Slides Anyone?

Posted by trudymom (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 08 at 13:32

New cabinets--cabinet guy is using Accuride Drawer Slides #3832. Anyone have any experience with them? I have always been told that Blum was the best brand. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Accuride 3832

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Accuride Drawer Slides Anyone?

Accuride makes a good quality product that will last a lifetime, but I personally prefer Blum hardware. If your drawer boxes will be dovetailed, the bottom mounted slides such as the Blum Tandem or the Accuride Eclipse would be better choices so as to not hide the dovetails. I also like having a slide with built-in shock absorbers, such as the Blumotion. These cost a bit more than the slides that you mentioned, but I have them in my own kitchen and they work great.

Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: Cabinet and Furniture Info

o

Agree with Joe. Accuride are fine quality slides but might seem more utilitarian where the Blum undermounts, especially with Blumotion, are more or a luxury product.

o

The accuride 3832 is a good product, full extension slide. This is acceptable for high quality cabinets of utilitarian construction. If your cabinets are really high end and have dovetailed drawers, like mentioned above, use blumotion hidden slides. But otherwise I think accuride 3832 is the best value around and the most appropriate choice for your project. You lose drawer space with the under-mount slides. They take up quite a bit of drawer space at the bottom because of the way you have to make the cabinet and the drawer. Also add $30 per drawer over the cost of accuride 3832.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here