Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sanding pine table

Posted by strayer (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 13:27

Hello, I am sanding my old pine farm table. It has been waxed over and over through the years. I am still going to wax it, but it was so dirty and there was so much built up wax that I decided I want to sand it down and start over. It is working, but the problem I'm having it that the wax builds up on my sandpaper and renders it useless pretty quickly. I'm going through a lot of sandpaper. Is there a cleaner that I can use to remove the wax first and then resume sanding after the wax is off? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sanding pine table

Ok, I figured out how to remove the beeswax, but now I need to know what new wax I should put on. I have Johnson and Johnson Paste Wax. SHould I use that or a different product? What do people put on their wood islands? Maybe I need a new product?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here