Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

Rubbing Out Waterlox Finish to get rid of Dust

2LittleFishies
11 years ago

I re-did my Satin Waterlox again and this time no streaks- it looks great! I did it 7 days ago and we haven't used the island since. (history: Cab maker did 4 coats in December and I just followed WL instructions and did the top coat again due to some scratching)

Unfortunately, I did seem to get some dust or fuzzies on the finish this time so when you rub your hand over the top there are some little "nibs" keeping it from being perfectly smooth. What's the best way to get rid of these. Like I said it isn't for appearance reasons- I'd just like to smooth the finish out more to the touch.

I am pretty sure I'd have to wait a minimum of 30 days from when I did the last coat for curing. WL says the final cure is 30-90 days.

Any ideas? Also, I'm NOT a woodworker so I'd love to keep this simple : ) I emailed Waterlox and she said I could buff it out again with steel wool or 320 grit sand paper and refinish, but I don't want to go through refinishing again right now. Maybe in a couple of years if the top needs it...

Comments (6)