Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bought Whirligig not spinning? Please help

Posted by chueh (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 23, 12 at 15:31

The whirligig bird I bought 3 weeks ago has rarely spun its wings but rotated a little here and there on the body. I don't think that this has defects or anything, because the sellers seemed to have great experiences making them for sale.

I put it about 3 feet high and about 3 ft away from the front wall and 6 ft away from another wall that's perpendicular to the front wall. The bird has not spun, is it because I put it too close to walls?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bought Whirligig not spinning? Please help

Does it spin freely by hand?
How much breeze is it getting?
Try blowing on it with a fan to see if it reponds. Back the fan away until it doesn't spin to judge if it is reasonably responsive.
You may need to relocate it to achieve better airflow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here