Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Source for Spindles

Posted by kammererk (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 7, 12 at 14:21

I'd like to make a shelf similar to the one below. Does anyone know where I could order square spindles with the trim attached as in the picture below? Or am I going to have to buy the trim and cut it myself? I guess I'd be pretty good with miter cuts by the end of the project (or else run out of money for buying more trim to cut), so I'm hoping I can buy something pre-assembles that's similar.

From 2012-02-02

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Source for Spindles

Start practicing your miter cuts.

If this will be painted you at least have some ability to 'fudge' the miters.

Use a real miter saw (like a Nobex) not a cheap 'miter box.'

Power chop saws are often not all that precise for work that may get very closely examined unless they have been carefully adjusted, they can easily throw small pieces, and you will have your fingers VERY close to the blade with small pieces.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here