Return to the Woodworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New invention - Final Cut - has anyone used it?

Posted by brusso (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 24, 09 at 12:49

I saw a demo on a new invention called 'final cut'. It is a round piece of sand paper with stickem on the back side that attaches to a circular saw blade - miter saw, table saw, or a radial arm saw. Its features will sand a piece of stock as it cuts the piece. It looked pretty cool, comes in different grits and sizes. But, before I spend $27 for 4 pieces, I want to see if anyone has experience with this product. See http://www.finalcutblade.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New invention - Final Cut - has anyone used it?

Haven't tried it, but it looks to me like an extraordinarily dumb idea. Please save your money.

o

The concept sounds like a good recipe for a kickback accident using a rip fence. If you try this, make sure the anti-kickback fingers are in place. I'll bet OSHA and ANSI would not approve this product for use with a rip fence. If this is a legit product that is certified and listed for use in industry, it may only be allowed for cross-cutting with the sled. Better read more about it.

o

Looks interesting to me...I can see where it could be very useful when attempting precise trim fits; wouldn't have to bring a cut piece to the belt sander to fine tune a cut.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Woodworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here