Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
turtlegreen

Need help picking out hinges

turtlegreen
12 years ago

I'm going to be making some recessed medicine cabinets for my bathroom remodel. I'm going to construct the cabinet boxes out of 3/4" wood.

The boxes will then be recessed into the wall and drywall will come up to the edge of the box. I then want to use a 1" trim piece for the front of the cabinet box that will overlap the drywall by 1/4" for a nice finish. I hope that makes sense.

The "door" of the cabinet is going to be a framed mirror with the same dimensions, or slightly larger, than the final dimensions of the cabinet box with trim piece. In essence, all you will see on the wall is a hanging mirror and the cabinet will be hidden behind it.

I had planned on using frameless hidden hinges but when I went to Lowes to look at them, I could only find hinges with a 3/4" overlay. I would need an overlay of at least 1" to hide the cabinet box with trim.

Does anyone know if the frameless cabinet hinges (Blum) can be adjusted for larger overlays than 3/4". Do they make frameless cabinet hinges with larger overlays?

I've checked a couple online vendors but none of their descriptions mention anything about overlays.

Thanks.

Comments (6)