Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

Does woodfiller/bondo work on mdf?

rjinga
14 years ago

I picked up this cute table today, the top is clearly not wood, the base may well be not really sure, There are some dings along the edge of the table top. I would be willing to patch it and then do something? to the top. It has a veneer on it now. maybe I could do something like a mosaic tile or a paint technique?

This table will go in my booth for sale. I'm looking for the simplest, cheapest method of repair.

Is there a material that can be used that can be stained/painted etc to match the top?

this is not an actual damage to the material, just the surface scraped off

{{!gwi}}

This is the place with missing material

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (2)

• User
    14 years ago

Nothing will stain to match that veneer/finish combo except the same veneer/finish technique.

Bondo will work to repair the chipped area, but will have to be painted to cover.

• rjinga
    Original Author
    14 years ago

for another project of mine, someone mentioined doing some kind of gold leaf on it. I googled a few sites today and it's surprisingly affordable, I found some decent prices on this stuff.

Since these flaws are only on the edge, how strange would it look to do something with JUST the rim of the table top? something contrasting maybe? fix the boo boo and then maybe paint that area black? that could work I think might look like it was done on purpose even. Well it's worth a try anyway. worse case is that it looks odd and then I can go for a plan B.