Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alyx_c_gw

Building outdoor daybed?

alyx_c
11 years ago

I built stuff that is it still standing and working, by myself. Do I know what I am doing, no. But I will continue on. My next project is 2 outdoor daybeds that will each go on the side of a pergola so I won't need anything overhead. I sort of did this before but can't recall what happened. What I have build has been for outdoors and yet I still must ask, what type of lumber should I use? It will be stained bright white. This is the texas coast and it tends to be very hot, very salty, and windy. So any nails or screws must be stainless steel and I am more in favor of using screws than nails. The pergola will be 10x11 or so (being done by a professional to stand up to the high wind. I was thinking of making each day bed twin size or 9' long and 4'onyag or 3.5' wide. I would also do some sort of long table down the middle or 4 end tables and yes I will build those also. Should I do foam matresses with outdoor fabric? All advice is appreciated. As for tools I have used some but I learn as I go along and rarely read the manual so don't confuse me, it does not take much. :-)
Hubby does not help either, not his thing so I am on my own.

Comments (4)