Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adding outlets

Posted by seth54 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 11, 09 at 12:26

I am planning on adding some outlets in an unfinished basement room. The room has a hot wire stubbed into it that is connected to same circut as the baseboard hearters in the basement. The wire is labled to power baseboard heater in unfinished room when room was to be finished, but I was wondering if instead I can use the hot wire to run 6 outlets instead of heater? Can you run outlets off the same circut as the heaters? Would just be simpler than running new wires. Any help is great, thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adding outlets

The baseboard heaters are mostly on a 240v circuit. That can't be used for 120v receptacles.

You're best bet would be to run new cable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here