Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
outlet in center of kitchen island

Posted by kellykath (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 4, 09 at 10:56

O.K. I just want to know if this is a bad idea or not or if it is why is it. I am completely remodeling my kitchen and will have a center island. I would always have something in the center of it, bowl of fruit, flowers, etc. I am considering adding an "inset" drop in or "flush" mounted outlet in the center. I think I would use it for a number of things, small christmas tree (I have a small kitchen tree) entertaining - being able to plug a crock pot, chocolate fountain, or even a decorative lamp complimenting the room, etc. etc. etc. and hiding the cord under a surrounding piece of fabric as opposed to seeing a cord draped across and under the edge of the counter. As something would always be sitting in the center, it would easily be hidden.
If any of you have done this I would like to know if you are happy you did, or if anyone wishes you did please respond. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: outlet in center of kitchen island

Outlets are not allowed to be face up in kitchen counters.

o

Or in any other countertop.

o

X3...

Chance of liquids to leak in...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here