Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
_brian_gw

Undercabinet Wiring Questions

_brian
13 years ago

Long-time viewer, first-time poster.

I have some Xenon undercabinet light fixtures to install, and I have a question about the wiring. We have electrical whips that come out of the drywall right underneath the cabinets. I'd like to put the fixtures in the middle or front of the under-side of the cabinet, but that may make the whips slightly visible.

The fixtures have knockouts for the whips, but does anybody know if it would be acceptable to just pull the wires from the whip, and leave the wires exposed between the drywall and the fixture?

Also, we have one section where we have to connect three fixtures to only one whip. Since there are knockouts on the back and sides of the fixtures, I initially planned on running the whip into the back of the center fixture, and have whips out both side of the fixture attached to the other 2 fixtures. Does anybody know if it would be acceptable to just run the wires off that center fixture to the other 2 fixtures (as opposed to whips)?

I want to make sure the wiring is safe, but at the same time, the 1/2 inch metal electrical whips won't look nice if they're visible at all.

Comments (4)