Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GFI six outlet adapter

Posted by graywings (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 22, 09 at 8:20

Is there such a thing as a Six Outlet Adapter that will fit on a GFI outlet?

I have a GFI outlet in my bathroom. I want to expand it to keep more things plugged in. I don't want a power strip. I am using a 3-plug add-on, but it tends to pull out when when I remove a plug.

I have looked around various electrical sites on the web and don't see anything like this.

Or, do they make a 4 plug GFI outlet?

Here is a link that might be useful: standard 6 outlet adapter

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GFI six outlet adapter

You can a six to two adapter plug at most of the home centers. I've got one in my dining room and it's plugged into a Decora receptacle which is the same pin spacing as a GFCI.

I've never seen a 4 plug GFCI. You can however just install a second receptacle (either another GFCI chained of the protected side of the first one). I did that for my wife's vanity (There is actually four in over the countertop and one in the back of the cabinet so she can leave things charging in the drawers.

o

The problem is when the GFCI trips.

Many of the adapters cover the entire front of the receptacle covering the reset button, and mount using the faceplate screws.

Enlarging the box and adding more receptacles is not usually that hard unless the wall is tiled.

o

Home center as in Home Depot and Lowes? That's where I have been searching without success.

o

o

Replace the breaker with a GFCI breaker, replace the GFCI receptacle with a standard, then use the adapter you have selected.
OR
Enlarge the box and add more receptacles.

o

Thanks for the link, ronnatalie.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here