Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chandalier with center down light with separate switch

Posted by kellykath (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 29, 09 at 3:06

I am looking for a fairly traditional chandalier that has a center down light where there is a separate switch where I can have only the center down light on or have the down light and surrounding arms of the chandalier on as well. As we like to play cards, the center down light makes a great spot. Any pictures or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chandalier with center down light with separate switch

I simply googled the first portion of your topic "Chandalier with center down light" and got LOTS of results. One from amazon description reads in part:

"This six-light chandelier features a click-turn switch on the center downlight that provides 3 different light levels. The first click turns on the five outer lights for general room lighting. The second click turns off the outer lights and turns on the center downlight for focused task lighting. The third click turns all six on at the same time."

However, the switch they speak of is mounted to the bottom of the fixture itself. It should be easy enought to reach mounted at standard height above the dining room table. I have seen others with same built in switch configuration.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here