Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new 4' led recessed light at hd

Posted by jscozz (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 18, 11 at 23:29

I have swapped out over 20 6" cans in my house with the CR6 CREE LED fixtures from HD over the last year. I was walking through local store yesterday and see that they now carry a CREE 4" LED fixture (similar to the 6"). I don't even see it on the CREE web site. It is more expensive than the 6" ($35), but I have 4-4" cans that get a lot of use and I have been looking for a good LED bulb that dims without flashing, and fits properly in the 4" can/trim... so I put in a couple of the 4" CREE LEDs and they are great!

Interestingly enough, they are rated at the same light output as the 6" version, but 1 watt lower power consumption. I am wondering if they use a newer generation LED in them... anyone seen them or have any further info?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new 4' led recessed light at hd

You might want to post this question in the Lighting forum.

o
RE: new 4' led recessed light at hd

Extensive reviews of these on this thread in the lighting forum. The governement testing for Energy Star certification showed the 6" and 4" versions use the same wattage and give the same light output - not sure why it's labelled different on the box except that Cree tends to be conservative in their ratings. I have one and it's excellent, although the same light emanating from a smaller, less deeply recessed area glares more than in the 6" version, and they cost a bit more than the larger version too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here