Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FPE is alive and... well . . . umm...

Posted by pharkus (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 1, 10 at 22:19

Link here

I had no idea stab-lok was still being produced.

Conceivably the guts of the breakers have been redesigned, but I think this shows Schneider (parent company of Square D) owns at least parts of what used to be Federal Pacific.

meanwhile . . .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FPE is alive and... well . . . umm...

In Canada

o

FPE is still a very popular brand in Canada. The problems with the no trip breakers was only the USA. We never had that issue here.

o

I,m sure there are tens of thousands of homes in the USA with FPE boxes that have never had a problem for one reason or another. Then there are those homes that have burned with the fire marshall pronouncing the ubiquitous "defective wiring".

We have often been called to jobs to install recessed lights or what ever. It is then that we tell what they have and what needs to be done and that we cannot add circuits.

o

since the guts were redesigned, there shoulld not be a problem.

o

Where and when were the guts redesigned,and where do you get breakers that will fit an obsolete box smithy? Not sure you work in the real world.

o

maybe not so safe. stick to qo, the proven performer!

Here is a link that might be useful: Should Federal Pioneer Stab-Lok Electrical Panels be Replaced?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here