Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question on Receptacle for each 24'' Wall

Posted by tom_in_seattle (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 30, 09 at 17:58

I would appreciate it if someone would explain the requirement to have a receptacle on any wall that's 24" long or longer, except for hallways of 10 ft or shorter.

I have two short walls about 27" long that are perpendicular to an outside wall... one next to the built-in fridge, which defines the separation between the kitchen and dining room, and another on the other side of the French doors that defines the separation between the dining room and living room.

Do these walls need a receptacle? It would be easier to place a receptacle on the shorter 21" long exterior walls on either side of the French doors.

Thanks for any clarification.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question on Receptacle for each 24'' Wall

Walls continue around a corner so probably not if you put one along the adjoining wall.
The reason is a wall 2 feet long is large enough to have a lamp standing in front of it. Don't want cords across a door way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here