Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rusty_2010_gardener

Using a secondary phone line jack on main line

I need your assistance. I have 2 phone lines, main line number has a jack in the kitchen and another jack in the master bedroom. The second line (different number) has a jack in the office room. I want to eliminate the second line and use the office jack as one more jack on the main line. The office jack wire has 4 strands red-green-yellow-black and is connected in the attic to an 8 strand phone wire as follows: orange, white with orange, brown and white with brown wires are not in use, but the other four strands are from green to yellow, from white with blue to green, from white with green to black and from blue to red.

At the end of each pair of strands there are four plastic tabs covering each pair of strands. What strands have to be switched so that I would be able to use the office jack as the main number. Would I have to change the wires at the NID, if so please indicate how. This NID is an old one, does not have any modules to allow for phone testing and the wires are connected at the NID as follows:

TOP LEFT SCREW WHITE-GREEN & YELLOW WIRES

BOTTOM LEFT SCREW WHITE-BLUE & BLUE WIRES

TOP RIGHT SCREW GREEN & YELLOW WIRES

BOTTOM RIGHTSCREW BLUE & SLATE (GRAY) WIRES

Please indicate which set of wires belong to LINE 2.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Mario Fernandez

Comments (2)