Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (14)

• kudzu9
    9 years ago

Wow! If I had enough money to afford things like that I'd have my personal assistant order some for me.

• climber4210
    9 years ago

And such an attractive plug end, too. I see they spared no expense ... straight from the Home Depot DIY aisle.

• petey_racer
    9 years ago

OK, so the terminal screws meet all U.L. 498 requirements, but the assembly itself.......not so much. lol

• davidrt28 (zone 7)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I know, climber, that's what cracked me up too.

I don't know what is crazier, someone buying this, or the audiophile/fanatics who buy $300 ultrapure copper AC extension cords for the amplifiers that convey the electrons with so much more care than the miles of utility transmission lines which are not made with ultrapure anything.

• climber4210
    9 years ago

Very unprofessional cover plate screw installation on that outlet, too. Am I the only one who notices these things? Maybe it's the workmanlike electrician in me. Amateurs ... ;-) lol

• johnc777
    9 years ago

Maybe it's the workmanlike electrician in me.

Or an excess of free time. [g, d, & r]

This amateur tries to get all his cover plates screw pointing in the same direction.

• hrajotte
    9 years ago

$38 for an 8 foot cord? Seriously? I think I'll be starting a new business! Any takers for a 10-foot cord for the same price???

• pprioroh
    9 years ago

This is bush league. Try buying audiophile speaker cables. You can pay $1000 for an 8 foot cord easy.....

• ionized_gw
    9 years ago

The fabric-covered cord resembles old cords that I've seen. The plug, however, is totally out of character with that.

• jakethewonderdog
    9 years ago

Ionized,

The fabric covered cords you've seen didn't have grounds either and had Bakelite ends.

There are some great reviews on Amazon for $6,900 power cords, network cables, etc. They talk about how with the new network cable their computer downloaded the entire internet in minutes, their male pattern baldness was cured and on and on...

Here is a link that might be useful: $6900 power cord.

• ionized_gw
    9 years ago

All true Jake, except the baldness part. No "cure" is needed or desirable. God only creates a few perfect heads and the rest are left covered with hair.

• kudzu9
    9 years ago

Jake-
    Thanks. The best part was that 56 people, none of whom bought that item, left some pretty hilarious reviews for it on Amazon.

• ionized_gw
    9 years ago

That brings to mind another thing my dad is fond of saying, "a fool and his money are soon parted".

• jakethewonderdog
    9 years ago

Kudzu,

Yes, believe it or not there was one "Verified Purchaser". Hopefully he bought and immediately returned it or somehow otherwise got that.