Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SquareD QO

Posted by ontariojer (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 19, 10 at 22:43

Anyone know about these? I hear they are favored among the under-informed, over-opinionated set.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SquareD QO

Hmm never heard of them, are they any good?

Maybe someone can bump every thread on here and let us know if they like them?

o

I prefer Zinsco or Federal Pacific over Square D QO.

o

Where did you hear this? "I hear they are favored among the under-informed, over-opinionated set."

o

Breakers? Breakers? Real protection is provided by fuses. Don't need any of that stinking NM either. K&T worked fine for me back in 19-diggity-2 and it works for me today.

o

"Where did you hear this?"

Careful observation of posts on this forum.

o

lbpod, if you want a 100a fpe stablok panel circa 1959, you can buy me a 200a 40 space qo, the breakers, 50' 250 kcmil se cable, disconnect and metersocket. you can have the old bx se cable and everything else, but the disconnect i think is sqd.

ronnatalie, k& t would be safe if it had a ground wire and 90c jacket. it is less of a fire hazard when overloaded because it was supported by porcelain insulators. k&t is better se cable than triplex because of the insulators keeping the wires apart. my old stuff was actually copper.

o

Explain to me how a ground wire would improve the safety of K&T wiring?
Explain how 90C insulation would help when it installed properly.

o

the ground would allow grounded recs. 90c wire wont dry or melt with the heat from the lights.

o

I agree with smithy123 a ground wire would protect you from groundfaults. I also think that SquareD is a very reliable product.

o
RE: SquareD QO finally!

Finally, someone that agrees with me!

o
RE: GreenLee tools

GreenLee tools are a strong, and durable tool that will stay that way through many jobs.

o

"I agree with smithy123 a ground wire would protect you from groundfaults."

So would a GFCI device in the installation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here