Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm stumped - electrical

Posted by jscherme (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 29, 13 at 22:13

So, it's been an eventful weekend the furnace went out resulting in my wife and I using space heaters to keep the house warm. Then, the next morning my wife decides to use the fan in the bathroom attached to our bedroom as well as turning all the lights on and using the hair dryer.
Naturally, the 20amp breaker flips, so she went down stairs and flipped all of the breakers back and forth until the electricity came back on, because she states "it didn't turn off".
Today, I went and got two 20Amp double pole breakers in case the first didn't work. I had to use trial and error to find out which breaker it was for sure do to a mis-labeled panel. After finding the breaker I thought I was on the home stretch and installed the 20 amp breaker and flipped the switch and nothing. I checked my connections and everything was correct and tried again and still no power to the master bedroom. I tried the other 20A breaker in case the first was broken and still haven't got power back on to the master bedroom. Any advice would be helpful? Thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm stumped - electrical

Look for a tripped gfci.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here