Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tamper resistant receptacles

Posted by smithy123 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 22, 10 at 19:40

i was thinking deeply about the safety hazards involved with using tr receptacles. with a tamper resistant receptacle, if you aply pressure on one slot, nothing can go in. but here is where i thought of the possible problems: when someone applies pressure to both slots, something is allowed to go in. so, if a child has 2 metal objects and inserting one does nothing the child may insert something into the other slot with thhe other hand, it will recieve a fatal shock. with a normal receptacle, and the child inserts something, it will receive the shock and release the object. with afci's, or gfci's, it will also trip the device.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tamper resistant receptacles

i was thinking deeply about the safety hazards involved with giving advice , if you give advice, but you don't know what you are talking about. but here is where i thought of the possible problems: when someone doesn't know the difference between an afci and a gfci. or what a ground fault is, or how to give helpful advice instead of inane comments so, if a child has internet access the child may insert something into the discussion, it should recieve a fatal shock. with a normal message board there is a moderator to ban the multiple accounts and and release the object of my increasing derision.

o

Finally, someone that agrees with me!

Here is a link that might be useful: Go ahead, you know you want to.

o

That was me when i was that age. in preschool, i brought a powerstrip for show and tell.

o

Anyone remember that Doogie Howser show?

o

I wasn't aware that Square D made power strips.

o

they dont. but, i did grow up around QO panels, but my mom's parents's house has fpe :(. my house as well as my dad's parents's houses both had 20 space, but ours was 200a, while theirs was only 100a. the panel wwas the only thing done electrically right in our house.:(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here