Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1 phase 3 wire generator

Posted by ttorres66 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 2, 11 at 14:44

i have a 20KW Generator 1 phase set up as 3 wire my hose has a 4 wire plug in for the generator. i have no idea how to hook this one up to make it work correctly the Gen has 3 lugs 2 red and a black the cord that was with it is a 4 wire but the white is cut and not used it only uses the red black and green .my old generator had a 4 wire plug and that is what the hose was set to use for my old generator can i just change the plug on the new cord? or do i need to change the outlet in the house?
any help is welcome
thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1 phase 3 wire generator

I respectfully submit that the best solution to your situation is to find a qualified person who will actually visit your location.

o
RE: 1 phase 3 wire generator

It is more than just changing the plug.

The actual installation needs to be checked to see how the generator should be connected, no matter how it may have been connected before.

Was the bonding strap from neutral to ground removed in the previous generator?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here