Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thermador electric cooktop terminal block wires reversed?

Posted by garbid (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 13:31

I just installed a new terminal block for the RH front burner element of my older Thermador electric cooktop (model TMH 34P-01) and a new burner element as well. Problem is, when I turn on one one of the other burners, the RH front burner comes on also. When I turn on the RH burner switch, only the RH front burner comes on, however, so somehow the other switches are activating the new block/burner but not vice-versa. Could I have inadvertendly reversed the wiring to new the terminal block, and if so, would that have caused the problem? (I was under the impression that it didn't matter which side of the terminal block the red or black wires from the switch went to, but perhaps that's not the case with this Thermador unit). Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thermador electric cooktop terminal block wires reversed?

The typical color coding in the NEC does NOT apply to the internal wring of appliances.

NEMA has some codes that are applicable, but mostly for safety ground marking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here